Stephen P. Blanchette, CFP®, AIF®
Stephen is a financial planner, private wealth advisor, and owner of The Blanchette Financial Group, Inc. He is a graduate of Pennsylvania State University’s Smeal College of Business. Prior to his work as a financial planner and business owner, he spent time with AllianceBernstein, one of the largest institutional money managers in the world, at their New York City office. After a long career in the financial planning world, Stephen knew he wanted to offer something beyond what the bigger firms delivered, personal touch, and a real connection with his clients. He works diligently to help clients and their families achieve their very specific and unique financial goals.
He is an Investment Adviser Representative and General Securities Representative of Commonwealth Financial Network®. He holds licenses and registrations that include FINRA Series 7 (General Securities Registered Representative) and 66 (Combined Investment Advisor, Uniform State Law) securities registrations and life, accident, and health insurance licenses.
- Stephen is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional. The CFP® marks identify those individuals who have met the rigorous experience and ethical requirements of the CFP® Board, have successfully completed financial planning coursework, and have passed the CFP® certification examination. The exam covers the financial planning process, risk management, investments, tax planning, retirement planning, and estate planning. CFP® professionals also agree to meet ongoing continuing education requirements and to uphold CFP® Board’s Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility, Rules of Conduct, and Financial Planning Practice Standards.
- Stephen earned the Accredited Investment Fiduciary® designation from the Center of Fiduciary Studies. The AIF® designation certifies that he has specialized knowledge of fiduciary standards of care and their application to the investment management process.
- Stephen is proud to have been recognized as a President's Club advisor, a distinction based on annual production attained by just 17 percent of advisors affiliated with our broker/dealer, Commonwealth Financial Network. Each year, Commonwealth recognizes President’s Club advisors by inviting them to an exclusive gathering of their peers and leading industry experts. President’s Club advisors benefit from an intensive learning and networking experience designed to help advisors hone their expertise, share best practices, and provide ever-higher levels of service, education, and leadership to clients.
- Stephen has earned the Five Star Wealth Manager award a number of times and has been featured in Boston magazine as well as the Wall Street Journal. This award is based on 10 objective eligibility and evaluation criteria, including a minimum of 5 years as an active credentialed financial professional, favorable regulatory and complaint history, accepts new clients, client retention rates, client assets administered, education, and professional designations. 4,069 Boston-area wealth managers were considered for the award; 480 (12% of candidates) were named 2021 Five Star Wealth Managers. The criteria used, the number of wealth managers considered for the award, and the percentage of those who receive the award may vary from year to year). These awards are not indicative of the wealth managers' future performance. Your experiences may vary. For more information, please visit www.fivestarprofessional.com.
- The Blanchette family resides in Newburyport, Massachusetts. Stephen and Jeannine have two sons, Nicholas and Andrew, and a Golden Retriever named Loki. They volunteer locally as a family through many organizations like Our Neighbor’s Table (www.ourneighborstable.org) and many other local and national philanthropies. Together they also enjoy skiing, Boston sports, Penn State football, Broadway theater, and all that the Greater Newburyport area has to offer.
- Stephen serves as a trustee for the Newburyport Bank and on finance committees for Anna Jaques Hospital, The Firehouse Center for the Arts, Immaculate Conception Parish, and the Saint Basil’s Salvatorian Center.
Allison DeLena, CFP®
Director of Financial Planning Services
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, FINRA Series 7 & 63
American University School of International Service
After graduating from American University in Washington D.C., Allison started her career as an administrative assistant at Stonehearth Capital Management. With her CFP® certification under her belt, she rose through the ranks of the financial planning world — from a paraplanner to a financial planning specialist to the co-director of financial planning at Baystate Financial, managing a team of 12 who created financial plans for Baystate’s advisors.
In 2018, after the birth of her son, Allison sought a position closer to home, where she could continue to make a positive impact on people’s lives. After meeting the Blanchette Financial Group team, Allison knew she’d found a company where she could feel at home. In her role, Allison assists Stephen with building and analyzing financial plans and provides exceptional customer service to our clients.
Allison lives in West Newbury with her husband, Nick, and son, Julian. In her free time, she enjoys traveling with her family and cheering on all Boston-based sports teams. Allison and Nick are members of the Essex County Greenbelt Association and enjoy gardening (though she claims to be cursed with a black thumb).
Allison also volunteers with the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute as a financial coach, providing pro bono financial planning assistance to patients and their families.
Administrative and Client Service Specialist
In her role as administrative and client service specialist, Catherine handles all aspects of account administration, including forms processing, updates, transaction requests, and account research. She is available to answer any questions in these areas. Catherine graduated from National University in San Diego, California, with a BS in business administration and a concentration in computer science. She resides in Merrimac, Massachusetts, with her husband, Darrel, and son, Jason. She enjoys sailing, hiking, skiing, gardening, and “all things outdoors.”
Our partnership with Commonwealth Financial Network®, a leading Registered Investment Adviser–broker/dealer, provides us access to a team of investment research specialists who assist us in our efforts to provide you with the best possible service. Each of the professionals on this team brings a breadth of experience in the industry and within his or her own specialization.
Our partnership with Commonwealth Financial Network®, leading Registered Investment Adviser–broker/dealer, gives us access to a team of advanced planning specialists who can help us provide you the best possible service.